The Industrial/Quality Assurance Engineer reports to the Director of Project Management and will have primary responsibility for development and maintenance of Manufacturing Process Flows, Productivity, Methods and Process Engineering, Quality Measurement and Improvement and Change Management. Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs. This includes, but is not limited to; defining quality requirements for new products and preparing/maintaining necessary documentation, monitor production quality performance to identify opportunities for improvement, review and maintenance of quality files, procedures, work instructions, etc. for relevance and adherence to Airbus Quality System, customer and regulatory compliance.
- Create documentation and work instructions for production of Airbus Assemblies
- Define proper work methods for tasks
- Define appropriate processes for work flow activities
- Define key production measures
- Define goals and data capture/analysis for key measures
- Perform root cause analysis to improve poor performing processes
- Facilitate and lead process improvement
- Manage and resolve issues with incoming material through the receiving process
- Work with Outsource Manufacturers to ensure product quality, delivery and cost is maintained
- Control of quality related document and records as defined in the Quality Manual and procedures
- Draft, edit revise and update as necessary all documents associated with the Quality System
- Ensure that processes needed for the Quality System are established, implemented and maintained
- Audit defined processes and procedures to ensure that they are being followed
- Maintain and report on the performance of the Quality System and any need for improvement
- Administration of Calibration program
- Administration of Corrective Action Request System and Customer complaints
- Keeps management fully apprised if significant occurrences and trends that impact the quality of product or manufacturing operations
- Anticipates current and future issues and develops plans to minimize the negative impact
- Manage quality scrap transactions in the MRP system
- Continuously improve customer satisfaction
Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
***Hours are adjusted on an as needed basis with the primary understanding that the above hours are your standard hours, but if required to meet your job description and objectives, your hours can and will be adjusted to meet the situation. Hours of work may be revised in the future to support production efficiencies.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree of 5+ years in a similar quality assurance program, department, or operation, Further education a plus.
- Experience working in the quality area for an organization certified to ISO 9001 or similar standard
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance system development and implementation such as ANSI/ISO/ASQ 9001, SQF, ISO 14001, QS9100 etc.
- Experience with the proper use of measuring equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational skills and motivational skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and make logical decisions
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
- Highly motivated, high potential individual capable of leading people
Requires knowledge and comprehension of quality systems, measuring techniques, tools and equipment. Strong electronics/technical skills required.
Must be capable of working independently to achieve project schedules and goals. Expected to be flexible and support the project objectives and deadlines beyond the normal schedule, if/when necessary. May be responsible for occasionally overseeing the activities of others. Must demonstrate ongoing capability for delivering high quality craftsmanship with little supervision.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to fulfill overtime requirements as needed to complete tasks on time and support customer demands.
- Frequent standing, walking, crouching, bending, twisting, bi-laterally using hands (with a fine degree of motor skill) and arms, talking and hearing
- Command of spoken and written English language; the ability to clearly express complex ideas verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to handle stress associated with meeting deadlines
- Ability to interact and get along with co-workers
- Self-Assuredness – ability to defend and enforce the Quality Policy when confronted with authoritative opposition
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision; demonstrate initiative an self-direction
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to deliver results accurately and on time
- Interpersonal Skills including teamwork, listening, giving feedback, giving instructions, and conflict resolution
Please email your resume to email@example.com